Betches may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link and purchase a product or service. The links are independently placed and do not influence editorial content.
It’s hard to believe that we’re all saying goodbye to our last long weekend of the season and the community pool is legit about to close its doors. It feels like just yesterday I decided that I’m a self-proclaimed Tomato Girlie (probably because I did). But, alas, the end of Summer is here and it can feel like, very depressing. But, before you fall into a complete sad girl spiral, at least we have one thing to look forward to: seeing the Fall girlies absolutely thrive. For more reasons than just hanging on to your sanity, you should consider joining in on the festivities.
I won’t sugar coat this, I am basic AF and honestly not afraid to say that I’m an absolute sucker for carving a pumpkin. And while I feel like nothing brings us gals together quite like True Crime documentaries and Pumpkin Spice Lattes, we’re a hell of a lot more than just that. So, for those have been part of the club forever, welcome back. And for anyone just joining us: consider this your initiation into Autumn. Welcome!
A Complete Starter Pack To Becoming A Fall Girl
- A text to the group chat, “I’m thinking about getting lowlights”
- Make ‘Gilmore Girls’ your entire aesthetic for the season
- Obtain an emergency flask of hot cider
- You should own at least 3 pairs of knee high socks and a classic (faux) leather jacket
- I’d highly suggest you start collecting anything pumpkin-adjacent, including but not limited to: a professional pumpkin carving kit, pumpkin throw pillows, and plenty of pumpkin flavored things
- Congrats, burning candles just became your new hobby
- Make Taylor Swift’s ‘Red’ album your entire personality — All Too Well (10-minute version) on repeat 24/7
- Newsboy hats should also find their way into your wardrobe
- Paint your nails with OPI’s ‘Lincoln Park After Dark’ nail polish
- If you can’t find ‘Lincoln Park After Dark’, Essie’s ‘Wicked‘ nail polish will do
- Consider wearing a headband with every outfit, à la Blair Waldorf
- If it’s plaid, you should probably own it
- Crewnecks will quickly become your entire personality
- Your new favorite TV genre is anything that includes murder and red wine
- A book collection that have people asking if you are going through some shit is definitely appropriate, too
- Find yourself a good door mat
- Homegoods just became your new favorite store (alongside Target, duh.)
- Don’t let pumpkin overshadow the other star of this season; Apple Picking (and pies)
- If Halloween isn’t your favorite holiday, I’m sorry but, you should leave