Betches may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link and purchase a product or service. The links are independently placed and do not influence editorial content.
It’s hard to believe that Taylor Swift is already coming to the end of the US leg of the Era’s Tour, considering it feels like just yesterday she was still dating Joe Alwyn (Or, was it Matty Healy?). But with all the buzz around a secret ‘Karma’ album and TikToks about what people are wearing, I haven’t heard a peep about what people are bringing. Like, how am I supposed to have the night of my life without knowing I’m going to be 100% prepared?! I may be type-A but, I’m not showing up to that concert without a fully researched (clear) bag of shit.
And considering people are literally shelling out their entire life savings to snag a seat on the tour, it’s only fair that you get a little behind-the-scenes look at what you really should be bringing with you. So, here it is—the ideal Era’s checklist.
- An Era’s inspired outfit that includes a diaper. Before you shake your head, you’re not going to leave in the middle of “All Too Well (10-Minute Version)” even if you’re about to piss yourself.
- A claw clip for your hair. Trust… things will get sweaty.
- A clear bag that won’t leave you bawling at security because they won’t let you in with a normal bag and forcibly make you go to the end of the line where you continue to cry because now you have to either go back to the car or trash your bag. (Noooo, I’m not bitter at all.)
- An entirely new, waterproof makeup routine. Given Taylor’s recent tour luck, it’s bound to rain and your makeup needs to stay put. Actually, though, did she make some sort of deal with Mother Nature? Because the PR she’s gotten from looking that good while soaked is beyond me.
- A foldable chair for the parking lot in case you’re one of those people who didn’t get a ticket but aren’t afraid to commit.
- A clear poncho. See: new makeup routine.
- Wrist weights to help you get used to the weight from amount of bracelets you’re about to own.
- Speaking of bracelets, unless you want to end up
dragged like John Mayerfeeling left out you better not show up without any. So, if I were you, I’d start making them ASAP.
- Binoculars—any seat in the stadium becomes a good one.
- A portable charger so your phone has enough juice to embarrassingly videotape yourself singing along to “Love Story.”
- A sharpie and index cards in case you run into a celeb, including but not limited to: Emma Stone, Marcus Mumford, Chloë Grace Moretz, Emma Watson, Aaron Rogers (???), Diplo, Shania Twain, Laura Dern, Emma Roberts, Ellen Pompeo, Selena Gomez, Blake Lively, Jack Antonoff, Billy Joel, Mariska Hargitay, Reese Witherspoon, and like, 1298475025 more people. Keep your eyes peeled for Cara Delevigne in the bathroom.
- Something flashy like this headband to ensure Taylor will notice you.
- A spare $20 (or credit card) for when you finally give in to the $30 chicken tenders.
- Concert earplugs because no, it’s not your phone ringing.
- You’re going to lose your voice by the Folklore Era so bring some cough drops so you can continue to scream/cry/throw up in peace.
- A digital camera for the mems and one of these so you can instantly download and post to social, because were you even there if you don’t post something cringe?
- Snacks for the car ride home because believe me, it’s going to take a few hours.
- A few extra electrolytes—even if you’re not drinking you’re 100% going to have a hangover.
- Me, because Ticketmaster totally fucked me over and I didn’t get a ticket.