In partnership with Generation Tux.
My sweet + sexy fiancé (omg!!!!!!!!):
Good morning!!! Welcome to the first day of the rest of our lives <3. I can’t believe that you were able to get the permits for the fireworks display I not-so-subtly demanded be part of our engagement. You really are the love of my life and I’m so excited to spend the rest of my life with you!
I couldn’t sleep last night because of the excitement — and because I was up most of the night FaceTiming everyone in my contacts list to show off my ring. (I can tell Brittney is *so pissed* that mine is significantly larger than hers, but that’s what she gets for taking that video of me drunk on margaritas at *her* bachelorette party. Karma’s a bitch!!) I’m currently downstairs finishing that up, and I wanted to let you sleep because we have *A LOT* to get done today. So can you do a few things before you make your way downstairs for coffee?? Let me know how this sounds:
1. Before you come down, please head over to generationtux.com and take a look at their tuxedos and suits. You’re actually *super* lucky because the process couldn’t be easier. They have over 25 styles for you to choose from — but I do want to stress that I have veto power because I already have my dress and we have to match! Once you have your suit picked out we can schedule a Home Try-On so I…I mean we can make sure everything looks perfect. And if we need to do multiple fittings so be it!!!! Let your potential groomsmen know that this is the direction we’ll be going in too and that there is NO deviating from this look, because we’ll get your rental for free if all five of them get their suit from Generation Tux. (And seriously, Mike owes you after the Hamptons debacle.)
2. PLEASE run any social photos by me before you put them online. I’ve made us a shared folder of selects that I texted over to you, but I already have my next five posts planned and I don’t want us to have any repeats. SO if you could just let me know before you post, just so I can make sure there is no overlap and I can approve of the caption, that would be amazing!
3. Can you block off this Saturday from 12-1 for a walk-through of our venue? I know we haven’t booked anything *officially* yet but since venues book up *so* far in advance I’ve been calling my top pick every week for the past six months and scheduling/rescheduling a walk-through. I just want to be clear that this is probably the venue we’re going to go with, but I need you there because this is such an exciting part of our wedding planning process!!! I’ll pull an outfit for you to wear — I made a custom “Groom-to-Be” shirt that I wanted to give you for Christmas but you hadn’t proposed yet. My little procrastinator! LOL!
4. I need you to call your mother and let her know that since my family’s list is *so* long (dad has a lot of work colleagues he needs to invite!) that we have to limit your family’s guest count to just 25 people. I think that’s totally fair considering my family is paying for the whole thing — plus your mom always talks about what a bitch your Aunt Carole is so maybe we just leave her off the invite list anyway?
5. How do you feel about a month-long getaway to Thailand for our honeymoon? I know you only get 14 days PTO but maybe your boss will give you the time off? You are getting married after all!!
Okay I think that’s it!!! Can you just text me when you’re on the way downstairs? I want to make a TiKTok video of you coming down the stairs and I want it to look organic. I love you so so so much and I’m so excited to be your wifey!!