Dressing for work can often leave you balancing the difficult line between too slutty and too Hillary Clinton. These are my five necessities that you MUST have in your wardrobe to mix and match for office success.
1. Long black skirt. Think Kardashian shape. Make sure it is fitted and the material is thick.
2. Low black pointy heels in black and gray. Even if you don’t think you need gray, trust me you do. They go with fucking everything. Highly recommend going with Jeffrey Campbells. They’re low but not kitten heels (gasp at the thought) and they’re comfy aka you can run around the office like a crazy person and never look like baby Bambi got shot in her knee by a hunter.
3. Light jackets. A black leather jacket, and thin cream blazer. Jackets, jackets, jackets. They are perfect to pair with pants and a blouse or just over a light plain dress and heels.
4. Black skinny jeans. Literally unless you work at a bank (ew), or a place where you can’t wear denim (ugh), you have no real excuse to wear black “trousers/slacks.” Black skinny jeans, a blouse, and boyfriend blazer to cover your ass are totally suitable and paired with a great heel or cute flat is pretty obvious.
5. Graphic tees and chunky necklaces. This can depend on where you work and may only be suitable for casual Fridays. But there is LITERALLY nothing more fabulous to me than a good graphic tee (think Kylie Jenner not Snooki), a plain colored chunky necklace (let’s not get too aggressive), short jacket, and either a tight long skirt or some skinny jeans with a cute pointy heel.
If you ever find yourself unsure about an outfit ask yourself these three questions:
Three questions to ask yourself:
1) Could you wear this to a club? The answer is usually ‘then don’t wear it” but if you do plan to wear something tight make sure it is long and make sure the material is thick.
2) If you reach for something will your stomach, ass, or boob be revealed? If so, re-evaluate.
3) If a new hottie came into the office today would you be embarrassed and think you look too close to a Talbots ad? For the love of Anna Wintour please re-evaluate. And maybe burn said outfit.