We have like, a few more days/hours until the brutal assault that are the holidays are past us. Good God- it’ll be a relief to us all. Until then though, you’ll need to calm your nerves with loads of alcohol – especially if you’re planning on going out for NYE as the single friend. Yikes.
We bring you Holiday Sangria: a magical concoction that’s like a combination of fruit punch and wine and Everclear. We assume it’s also healthy, since it uses lots of fruit.
- 1 cup fresh orange or tangerine juice (you can find this at Whole Foods … what a surprise)
- 1 cup orange or tangerine sections
- ½ cup diced apples (any kind will do)
- 1/3 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (make this by boiling together 1 part sugar and 1 part water, duh)
- 3-4 cloves (the whole ones that you’d use to dot a ham)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 (750-milileter) bottle fruity red wine like Malbec, Syrah, or Sangiovese
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or giant bowl and stir. Let chill overnight so the flavors can hang out. You could probs add vodka to this if like, you needed to. Who are you kidding – you definitely need to. Serve in fancy glasses or pimp cups to ring in 2015 and feel a strange combo of classy and trashy – mostly cause you’re chugging wine.