Ah, watermelon: favorite fruit of summer thanks to your sugar and hydration powers. Watermelon is the ultimate symbol of warmer weather and, even better, won’t make you bloat when you’re laying out in your bikini thanks to its mighty melon powers.
To improve your weekend AND to ensure you don’t fucking show up empty-handed to next weekend’s July 4th barbecue, we’ve adapted Italian betch Giada De Laurentiis’ recipe for spiked watermelon pops. I mean, she’s probs the skinniest chef we’ve ever seen, so in making these pops we can only hope to achieve some of her hotness.
- 3 lbs watermelon (liiike ½ of a big one), peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup sugar or agave nectar
- 1 cup watermelon flavored vodka (gotta be 70 proof) OR Malibu Rum if you’re feeling fucking tropical
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Juice of one lime
- 16 ice pop molds, holding ¼ cup each
- 16 wooden popsicle sticks—they’ve gotta be at least 2 inches longer than the molds
Grab a giant blender and toss in the watermelon, sugar or nectar, and alcohol you’re using. Puree that shit until it’s totally smooth. Add the mint and lime juice and pulse until it’s nice and combined—you don’t wanna fucking puree the mint.
Pour the mixture evenly into the pop molds, then insert your wooden popsicle sticks. Freeze this shit overnight. When you’re ready to nom your alcohol pop, insert the molds into hot water for like 5 seconds, break your pop free, and enjoy.