Do you need a quick snack to help you power through that work presentation that you had two goddamn weeks to do but now you have like 2 hours and ohmygod? Never fear—we have the answer.
A lot of people poo-poo the idea of a flatbread, but a lot of people are fucking wrong. When you combine fresh ingredients, creamy cheese, and herbs with like, anything, it’s bound to go well.
So whether you’re craving food to get through a project or you need something easy to serve at this week’s wine-a-thon with your betchy friends, this flatbread is the answer.
- 1 naan flatbread—find it near the pitas and shit
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tbsps freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (NOT FUCKING PARMESAN)
- ¼ cup diced sundried tomatoes—we used the ones packed in oil
- ¼ cup mixed chopped herbs (we used a combo of fresh chopped basil, fresh chopped parsley, fresh chopped mint, fresh chopped scallions, and fresh chopped oregano)
- 1 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
Got all your shit? Good. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grab your flatbread and brush with the EVOO and sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Next, gently spread on the ricotta cheese, then top with the sundried tomatoes and the freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Put the flatbread on a greased baking sheet and slide in the oven, cooking for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is juuuust browning on the edges.
Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the herbs. Top off with the balsamic, and serve with some lovely Prosecco.
See? Now you can totes be productive. All those herbs will surround you with their awesomeness.