HOORAY FOR FRIDAY. In celebration of this special day which only comes once per week, we figured drinks were in order (lol fucking obviously).
Today in our cocktail, we’re going to highlight our fav Asian herb/root thing, ginger. We all know the awesome benefits of ginger. If you don’t, here’s a refresher:
- It helps with nausea
- It helps with your period hurts
- It stimulates circulation
- It reduces bloating and gas THANK GOD
There’s more, but like honestly isn’t that enough? K let’s make a drink with it! We adapted this one from Town & Country but we added more liquor, because of course we did.
- 1 lime wedge
- Kosher salt
- 1 small ripe peach, pitted and diced
- 1 tsp peeled and grated ginger root
- 1 ½ tbsps. Fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp agave nectar or honey
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp silver tequila (LOL YAS)
- 2 tbsps triple sec
Alrighty we’ve all made margaritas before, yas? Pour the salt on a plate, run the lime wedge around the rim of a margarita glass or tumbler. Dip in the salt to coat the rim—set aside.
Combine the peach pieces, ginger, lime juice, and agave in a 2 cup cocktail shaker and muddle that shit. Then fill the shaker halfway with ice, add the tequila and triple sec and shake well.
Fill your rimmed glass with ice and pour in your margarita. YASSSSS.