It’s almost that time, when our very most favorite show about betches in jail pulling pranks with tampons comes back. Orange is the New Black returns to NETFLIX on June 12, and in order to properly celebrate, we rounded up some ah-mazing drinks that you can create for yourself OR all your friend-betches coming over in sweatpants. Don’t judge.
In the spirit of drinking and NETFLIX marathons, we’ll be bringing you even more OITNB-themed cocktails next week. Fuck diamonds, we got alcohol!
For My Dandelion – IT'S A METAPHOR!
- 2 oz Amarula Cream (this shit is amazing – a mix of cream and marula fruit from Africa, but if you can’t find it you can sub in some Bailey’s UGH)
- 3 oz pure mango juice (we found it at a specialty food store, but I’m pretty sure Latin groceries carry this on the reg)
- ¼ teaspoon de-seeded and chopped red chilli (unless you want to choke, de-seed this shit)
- Dried mango slivers (find it in the produce section)
Combine the Amarula, pure mango juice and chopped red chili in a cocktail shaker, blender or sealed container and shake well. Pour over crushed ice into a high-ball glass and garnish with dried mango slivers.
- 1 ½ G’Vine Floraison Gin (that shitty gin you’ve had forever is fine as a sub, but this small batch stuff is insanely good)
- ½ oz Agave nectar or simple syrup (remember your simple syrup is just a 2:1 ratio of water to sugar, boiled)
- ½ oz Blood orange juice or puree (found this in Whole Foods SHOCKER)
- 1 oz Fresh pineapple juice
- ¾ oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Brut Champagne (I mean, you definitely have this shit on hand)
- 5 tarragon leaves
Put the Champagne in a martini glass. Put the rest of the ingredients in a shaker, add ice, shake and serve in the martini glass with the Champagne. Garnish with some kind of delicious berry (blackberry, blueberry, whatever).