We all pay homage and honor to the queen of brunch drinks, the Bloody Mary. Whether you enjoy yours with vodka, tequila, extra spice, tons of horseradish, or with a really off-putting amount of pickled things, the Bloody Mary is by and far our favorite breakfast alcoholic drink.
One thing that can get a tiny bit boring, though, is the tomato base. I mean, we all love OG bloodys, but sometimes a betch needs to mix things up. Why not try a beer base? Or a tomatillo base? Or a golden tomato base? Luckily, Martha had the answer – we just jazzed it up.
- 4 medium yellow heirloom tomatoes, or like 3 pints of baby yellow tomatoes
- 6 oz of vodka (or more, I mean whatever)
- 3 tbsps lemon juice or juice from about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (or more) of green Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp fresh horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Puree the yellow tomatoes in a blender then press through a fine sieve into a small bowl to get rid of the solids. Then, stir together the tomato puree with the remaining ingredients in a large pitcher; add some ice. Serves about three betches, depending how thirsty you are.