Oh, summer salad—friend and confidant. You keep us skinny while we drink our calories and absorb vitamin D. You make use of all that summer produce. You remind us that summer is like, the best, and winter fucking sucks.
In honor of our fav season, we’ve whipped together our fucking favorite summer salad. We brought together sweet, juicy summer peaches, rich and creamy burrata, and peppery arugula. You’ll want to drink the dressing although, like, don’t.
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- ½ cup bakery bread, torn and toasted (we used a fresh baked loaf of whole wheat bread from the bakery section, cut it into cubes, and toasted until golden)
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (you don’t have to peel them, but like, that’s up to you)
- 6 oz. burrata cheese, cut into pieces
- ½ large yellow heirloom tomato, chopped
- ½ large red heirloom tomato, chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid. Shake until it’s all mothafuckin combined. Set aside.
Place your arugula, basil, and bread in a large bowl. Drizzle about half of the dressing over and toss everything to combine. Transfer the arugula mixture to a platter, then add the peach slices, burrata, and tomatoes. Top with the rest of the dressing, salt, and pepper.
Viola. Eat this all day, e’eryday with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc.