Guess what’s coming back to grace your television screens? That’s right—Game of Thrones: our favorite violent, borderline-porn, incest-filled TV show.
In order to celebrate, we obviously need some approps dranks. We’ve rounded up our favs to celebrate everything from Cersei’s new buzz cut (let’s make the best of a shit situation, k?) to Tyrion’s betchiness.
The Mother of Dragons and queen of white reptile skin outfits may be surrounded by savages on horses, but this whisky drink with its oh-so-blonde looks will keep you in good spirits regardless of what that betch gets herself into.
- 2 oz Usquaebach Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky
- 5 oz Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur or any ginger liquor you can find
- 5 oz black tea/honey syrup (1 part raw honey, 1 part black tea)
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
- Lemon peel
Combine all ingredients and stir with ice. Strain into rocks glass over large ice cube. Garnish with lemon peel.
The White Walker
Ice cold and eerily foggy, the haunting cocktail’s blue tint from the London No. 1 gin channels the piercing eyes of the creatures beyond the wall who are so totally not chill (see what I did there?).
- 2 oz London No. 1 Gin—don’t sub on this; you need that bluuuuuue color
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- .5 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
Combine all ingredients in shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Blood of the Dragon
If you’re serving a crowd, this shit will get you 20 servings (less if you’re like, really thirsty). Sweet, yet herbal, this warming punch recipe is sure to get the watch party off on the right foot. Like Daenerys, it’s seductive yet dangerous; a few too many glasses and you may just find yourself attempting to bond with mythical creatures.
- 1 750mL bottle Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva rum
- 15 oz of lemon juice
- 10 oz rosemary & thyme simple syrup (Combine 2 parts white sugar, 1 part water, 1 sprig of thyme, 1 sprig of rosemary in large pot and bring to a boil. Let stand until cool.)
- 5 oz of honey
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl with ice. Ladle into punch glasses. Garnish each glass with sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
The Crows’ Old-Fashioned
Highlighting a rustic, old-world brandy from Château du Tariquet, the Crows’ Old Fashioned is rich, warming, dark and brooding. Just what one needs before going North of the Wall or sulking over the POTENTIAL death of Mr. Snow.
- 1.5 oz. Tariquet VSOP Armagnac
- 1 oz. Amaro Lucano
- 2 dashes Green Chartreuse
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- star anise
- orange peel
Stir all ingredients with ice and serve in an Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with star anise and orange peel.