Okay, it’s officially football season, what with the tailgating and the broken hearts and beer and questionably cute jersies and team attire. It is what it is. When it comes to food, the least we can do is NOT stuff ourselves full of 1,000+ calorie shit that’s going to total undo our workout or juice cleanse.
Something like, say, buffalo chicken dip is delicious but can pack on the calories like woah. I mean, a normal serving size of ¼ cup split up over the day weighs in at a disgusting 300 calories. That’s not okay – and that’s without the chips, bread, or whatever you’ve chosen to dip.
We’ve come up with a delicious light version of the dip for you because we care. Here’s to being the best looking betch in the parking lot at the tailgate.
– 4 oz. reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup plain reduced fat or light Greek yogurt
– 1 cup shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
– ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce (yes, it needs to be Frank’s)
– ½ cup crumbled light or reduced fat blue cheese
– 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (you can shred one of those pre-made rotisserie chickens from the grocery store OR you can boil your own boneless, skinless chicken breasts and then shred them for even less calories)
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grab a giant bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Transfer to a medium-sized baking dish and bake for like 30 mins or until the cheese is melty and the edges turn goldish. Serve immediately with veggies or chips or whatever.
Yah see how easy that was? And it’s like less than half the calories. You win!