We all love alcohol—really, it hasn’t been a secret for many years. But it seems like we’re just now expanding our alcohol horizons beyond the glass.
In an effort to make the best culinary use of our liquor cabinets, we’re putting our good friend tequila to work today as a salad dressing. Yes, really. We’re also using Blue Nectar Reposado tequila because it has a spicy, vanilla-y taste that works well with our zesty ingredients. If you can’t find it, whatever, but know that you’re missing out.
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ bunch of cilantro, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 ½ tbsps. Blue Nectar Reposado Special Craft
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup baby arugula or whatever lettuce you love
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced grape tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- 2 tbsps diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced red and green peppers
Grab your food processor or Vitamix or whatever. Combine the lime juice, cilantro, tequila, salt, and pepper, and process until smooth. Then, on the lowest possible setting on said food processor, drizzle in the olive oil.
In a giant bowl, mix together your choice of greens with the cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, onion, and peppers. Drizzle with the dressing and it’s like a fucking fiesta in a bowl.