So we've been getting a ton of requests to add a music feature to our site, and we totally feel you on that. We were similarly disappointed that our own site, which we rely upon to tell us exactly how to live our lives, didn't even remember to tell us what songs to like. But since we have too much ADD to keep up with music thoroughly enough to blog about it, we resorted to what we usually do, which is get someone else to do it for us.
We got the resident biddy from FreshNewTracks.com to blog for us under her pseudonym ATexas (No she doesn't live in Texas we asked) and be our very own resident music betch. She'll be posting short playlists of the latest shit for you to pregame, party, workout, have sex, do whatever to, which you can download courtesy of Fresh New Tracks.
And with that, a word from ATexas…
Everyone these days can be that apathetic betch in the Missoni caftan, drinking Goose from an antique flask, dancing on the table to whatever the fuck music is on. Please Lana Del Rey, we've seen it before.
But some of you want to be the betch who controls the vibe of the party…You might say, “but I have an amazinggg playlist!” Well, if you think that Avicii and Sebastian Ingrosso are the epitome of what's hot, then you need to rewind. Don't worry, I understand that your possible lack of music is due to your busy schedule of not giving a fuck.
But if you regularly wake up with an unusual amount of European friend requests, asphyxiate on the chicness of anything by The Row and sometimes contemplate having ombre hair, then you too can be the DJ Betch of your bestie group. So here's some songs, listen or don't. Just remember the more
fucking weird Swedish the name of the DJ the better!
Here's the breakdown of our first set:
1. Five (Mylo, Freesol feat. Justin Timberlake & Calvin Harris vs. Archie V) – if you're only going to download one song from this playlist, it's this one. It makes you want to run 10 miles or like, drink into oblivion. I mean it should say something when you have like 4 favorite parts in one song.
2. Walking Alone (Fluxus Remix) – Just a great house track. Doesn't really pick up until 1:08 / 1:56, but when it gets there you like want to get up and jump on top of shit.
3. Keep Me Waiting – We hold Cinema close to our hearts so this one hits home. We also love Flo Rida's new song Wild Ones and that's in there too. So if you also stay(ed) up all night in college doing retarded shit/drugs to Cinema, you'll like it, it's sweet.
4. Grape Vine (Original Mix) – A throwback song about talking shit mixed with a house beat, enough said. Perf for a blunt session / casual shot taking (because who doesn't do that)
5. Fell in Love on the Dancefloor (Bei Maejor) – Much less house, but still so sick. Great for a pregame.
Now go black out, it's fucking Wednesday.
ATexas, Fresh New Tracks, and The Betches
And if you want to listen to the playlist straight through here it is: